Cosmo Instruments Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”) has a vision of “contributing to society through customers” as our corporate objective, and continues to strive to always produce superior, innovative, high-quality products for society through corporate activities.
We believe that many customers trust us and provide their personal information to us and that it is our responsibility to safely and properly handle the personal information of them, as well as of our partners and employees, for us to continue our sound and stable business activities.
Cosmo Instruments Co., Ltd.
Tomoyuki Furuse, President
Cosmo Instruments Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”) believes that proper protection of the personal information of users (hereinafter referred to as “customer” or “customers”), which is obtained through our website and/or e-mails, is our social responsibility.
- We strive not to infringe on customers’ privacy rights when acquiring, storing, using and/or disclosing the customers’ personal information.
- Customers can visit our website without disclosing personal information. If customers are just browsing our website, we will not collect the customers’ personal information.
IP Address, Cookie and Web Beacon
In order to manage our website and websites of our group companies, we collect the IP address used when the customer’s computer connects to the Internet.
IP addresses collected by our web server are used only for the appropriate and safe management and operation of services offered on our website and the websites of our group companies, which prevents unauthorized access and, in the event of a problem with our web server, makes it possible to quickly identify the cause of the problem and take recovery measures. We do not use and disclose the IP address in connection with the customer’s personal information.
The customer can refuse the reception of cookies (“Cookie”) by the setting of the customer’s browser or to have it display warnings when a cookie is received.
Even if the customer refuses to receive cookies, the customer will still be able to use our website, however, some functions may be unavailable.
We use web beacons to track the web pages the customer visits. However, the web beacons do not contain or reveal any personally identifiable information, such as the customer’s name, address, phone number and email address.
- We have appointed a person responsible for the proper handling of personal information.
- We securely store personal information provided by our customers under strict management and take necessary and appropriate security measures to prevent loss, alteration, leakage, unauthorized access, destruction, damage, computer viruses, etc. In addition, we will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of our employees, contractors, etc. to ensure the safe management of personal data.
- When the customer contacts us at our Contact page about the handling of personal information, we will respond honestly and promptly to a reasonable extent based on laws and regulations. In this case, we may ask the customer to verify the customer’s identity.
- We properly manage the collected personal information, and except in the following cases, we will not provide or disclose it to a third party without the customer’s consent.
- When legally requested by judicial and administrative agencies.
- When it is judged appropriate that our affiliated company or representatives respond to the inquiry, depending on the content of the inquiry. (For example, our representatives respond to certain inquiries or conduct repair services and so on)
- When disclosing to companies (for example, subcontractors), with which we have concluded a non-disclosure agreement, within the scope deemed necessary.
- When outsourcing the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- We will notify customers of the purpose of use on our website each time customers provide personal information to us. We will use the customers’ personal information only within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes.
- To develop new products and improve our services.
- To conduct customer survey and analyze the data to provide better services to customers.
- For the purpose of use that we clearly stated, notified or announced in advance.
- To provide updates and other information relating to our services to customers.
- Information on our website may include links to websites of others. We are not involved in the management of these websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites.
- We educate all our executives and employees about the importance of protecting personal information to ensure the proper handling of personal information.
Customers can request the disclosure of customers’ personal information held by us through the procedures prescribed by us. If you wish to make a request for disclosure of your personal information, please contact our General Affairs Department. We will inform you of the procedures required for disclosure. For any other inquiries concerning your personal information, such as correction, cessation of use and deletion, also contact our General Affairs Department. We will respond appropriately in accordance with the purpose of the Personal Information Protection Act.
Contact for Inquiries on the Handling of Customer’s Personal Information
General Affairs Department
Monday-Friday: 9:00 to 17:00