Features of Air Leak Testers
1. Features to Improve Test Performance
Mastering/Master-Preset Feature(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- The feature enables leak testing under conditions where the test results have noises due to adiabatic compression effect and part deformation by separating noise portion from the true leaks, which helps reduce test time. It also eases the maintenance of reference (MASATER).
Moreover it delivers stable test following gradual change in ambient temperature.
Temperature compensation feature (ATC) Option for LS-1842
- The feature is effective for the cases where temperature of the parts vary. The feature improves test accuracy by measuring the part and fixture temperatures to compensate the readings with the value derived from calculation.
For using the feature, the following conditions are required:
- There must be correlation between temperature of parts and differential pressure readingsAlthough we will provide temperature compensation mapping adjustment (with charge) after the leak test machine is installed in a production line, there are cases that the feature is not effective as there is not correlation between those two numbers.
- It is necessary to control the ambient temperature to make the operational environment steady as compensation range is limited.
Equipped with High-Performance Differential Pressure Sensor(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- Provides stable differential pressure measurement with the resolution of 0.1 Pa with an improved differential pressure sensor and adopting high-performance AD converter.
This derives more accurate test results in shorter test time.
- Feature specifications
- Small volume: 0.5 mL or less
- High sensitivity: 0.1 Pa
- High withstanding pressure: 5MPa (Standard) For Extremely High Pressure 16 MPa
Intelligent Pneumatic Circuits(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- There are Intelligent 1 and Intelligent 2 Pneumatic circuits for internal pressure method .
Differential Pressure Sensor (DPS) and air-operated valves are durable, which are mounted on a manifold.
The tester checks the performance of DPS and valves at the end of every test to assure the correct test results.Primary parts such as sensors and valves come with five-year warranty.
Leak Calibration Feature(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- Leak coefficient (Equivalent internal volume) is required to convert measured leak in differential pressure unit into a leak rate such as [mL/min].
This is the feature to measure the coefficient and there are volumetric displacement method and Leak Master method.
Moreover, automatic setup feature with ALC (volumetric method) and Leak Master comes with K(Ve) check feature to check leak sensitivity.
Multiple Channel Feature(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- 32 different sets of test parameters can be programmed independently for testing diverse parts flexibly.
Channel copy feature eases multiple channel settings.
2. Safety/Reliability improvement function
NR (noise reduction) function(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- Noise ratio over measurement increases when leak limits are lowered and/or test time is reduced, which may be a cause to increase false rejection of good parts.
In order to reduce the false rejection, Noise Reduction (NR) feature eliminates the noise by repeating the DET stage when the measured differential pressure falls in the previously set uncertain judgment region.
Manual Valve Open/Close Monitor(Comes as standard for: LS-R900 and LS-1881 Option for LS-R700)
- Checks the state of the stop valves which are used for No-Leak test of the tester itself.
Prevents a leak test from being run with the stop valve closed.
Calibration port(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- A port on the front panel of Air Leak Testers designed for daily inspection and Leak Calibration.
The port is also used for calibration of differential pressure sensor (DPS) and test pressure sensor (PS).
Quick mounting bracket(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- Tester can be mounted or removed easily with two screws.
This eases the maintenance jobs at the places with no clearance on the sides of the tester.
Exhaust Interference Prevention Feature(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- When using several leak testers simultaneously, there may be pulsation in the source pressure when a leak tester exhausts air.
This may interfere with other testers that are still running.
This is a feature to prevent the exhaust interference.
CE marking(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, AF-R220 Option for LS-1881)
- CE marking is a mandatory conformity marking for certain products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA).
The CE marking is the manufacturer’s declaration that the product meets the requirements of the applicable EC directives.
Product Quality Control Features(Comes as standard for: LS-R900 and LS-R700 and others)
- Up to 1000 test logs (5000 for LS-R900) are stored and displayed in figures or a chart, which are useful for monitoring changes in part characteristics and test environment.
Moreover using Mastering graph ease test condition settings.
Collecting Data in USB Memory(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700 and LS-1881)
- Large quantities of data can be stored in USB Memory for long term.
Eases migrating or copying data to a PC.
I/O Signal Monitor(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881 and others)
- Status of I/O signals such as START, STOP and judgment signals can be visualized on a screen.
The feature is useful when connecting tester to the external devices through PLC.
Worldwide Power Supply(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- 240VAvailable for power voltage from 100 to 240 VAC
Can be used all over the world.
Clamp Output(Comes as standard for: LS-1866)
- Tester transmits signal (24 VDC) to activate the solenoid valve to drive the cylinder for external clamp fixture.Helps building an inexpensive leak test system.
4. Pneumatic Circuit
Switching test pressure ports
- Two different test pressures can be assigned for each channel.
Can be used to switch between Pressure and Vacuum pressures or for Quick Charge.
What is Quick Charge?
- Pressurizing parts with a pressure slightly higher than the test pressure when there are narrow passages inside the part so that the pressure reaches to the assigned test pressure fast.
Electro-Pneumatic (E/P) Regulator for Controlling Test Pressure(Option for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881 and others)
- E/P regulator controls the test pressure remotely.
Different test pressures can be assigned to each channel or Quick Charge is available.
Bypass Circuit Unit Ready(Option for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881 and others)
- Bypass Circuit Unit (Sold separately) reduces fill time for large volume part. Testers control it directly.
External Exhaust Valve Ready(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- External Exhaust Valve prevents (Sold separately) water and oil from contaminating testers. Testers control it directly.
Charge Hold(Comes as standard for: LS-R900, LS-R700, LS-1881, LS-1866 and others)
- Continuously pressurizes to locate the leak in parts by water dunk test or applying soap solution.